Frank Luntz Explains Emotional Maniupulation
Fox News Can Put A Positive Spin On Anything They Want & Their Followers Buy It!
Corporations Are People My Friend.
From Forbes: Talking Points for the Class War...[i.e. how to make the bad stuff of GOP policy sound good to people who only watch one news source with any regularity]
Herein, I provide a service to the right-wing dogmatists and those who’d like to understand them by reproducing the top 10 talking points for preserving the status quo.
- Whenever anyone brings up distributional issues, accuse them of class warfare.
- Never acknowledge the existence of “the rich.” They are “job creators.”
- Tax cuts for the working poor are “budget busters.”
- Tax cuts for job creators are “incentives.” See also “competitiveness.”
- Deficits caused by new spending are harbingers of the apocalypse.
- Deficits caused by tax incentives are signs of enlightened public policy.
- Everyone can succeed in America by working hard.
- Oppose an adequate minimum wage because it kills jobs.
- Oppose tax credits that help minimum wage earners escape poverty, such as the earned income tax credit (EITC), because they let millions of lower-income Americans escape income tax liability.
- Support tax incentives that let job creators escape income tax liability.
Little Charlie and Grace can start their Colbert Super PAC lemonade stand now that Stephen knows what his super PAC stands for. (02:26):
Frank Luntz helps Stephen make the idea that corporations are people appealing to Americans. (05:44):
Frank Luntz convenes a focus group to develop the perfect Colbert Super PAC ad while Stephen watches behind a two-way mirror. (05:10):